To book or find out more about any of our courses or workshops either drop into the Club reception, call us on 020 3994 9600 or fill out our enquiry form and we'll get back to you.
**Please note lessons will not take place on Friday 27th March (Swimathon), Friday 10th April (Good Friday) or Friday 8th May (VE Bank Holiday)**
About this course
This eight-week course is split into four different groups, dependent on swimming experience and ability.
- Level 1: First group (17:30-18:15) is designed for complete beginners or those with little experience of swimming.
- Level 1: Second group (18:15-19:00) is designed for complete beginners or those with little experience of swimming.
- Level 1: Third group (19:00-19:45) is designed for those who can swim between five and ten metres.
- Level 2: Fourth group (20:00-20:45) is for those who can swim half a length of the pool.
- Level 2: Fifth group (20:45-21:30) is for those who can swim at least a length of front crawl and want to develop this and learn other strokes (including butterfly).
All courses are taught in a positive atmosphere with a focus on how to swim technically well.
Starts Friday 20th March
- Number of classes/weeks: 8
- Member: £68
- Non-Member: £94
What you will learn
Level 1 swimmers will learn water confidence and basic front crawl swimming techniques. As you progress, your strokes will become more advanced. By the time you leave Level 1, you will be confident in the basic front crawl technique.
Level 2 swimmers will learn more advanced front crawl techniques such as tumble turns and will be able to swim for longer distances. You will also be introduced to Backstroke, Breaststroke and Butterfly techniques.
Who can do the courses?
It is suitable for everyone from absolute beginners to competent swimmers who are looking to improve their technique.
About the tutor
Tutor, Martin Purcell, is a former competitive swimmer with over 10 years’ coaching experience. He has coached people with a wide range of abilities including the University of London Swimming Team.