Now available on the gym floor, the new Octane Fitness LateralX® and Pro3700 elliptical cross trainers offer valuable variety and effective and efficient workouts that help boost both your motivation and results. Specifically selected for their innovation and their outstanding performance, these low-impact, total-body machines offer special features that can optimise your workouts.
- Unique 3D movement goes from a vertical elliptical stepping motion to an adjustable side-to-side motion
- 27% increase in caloric expenditure from lateral width 1 to 10
- 30% increase in hip abductor/adductor activity over traditional ellipticals
- Lateral Interval and Dual Direction workouts target hips, thighs and glutes; workout boosters ThighToner and QuadPower tone lower body
- Popular elliptical features smooth, naturalise and biomechanically correct motion
- Converging Path and MulitGrip handlebars better engage upper body and add comfort
- 19 workouts, including interactive heart rate programmes and advanced regimens, such as the 30:30 interval
- Workout boosters incorporating interval training – X-Mode, GluteKicker and ArmBlaster.
Both the LateralX and the Pro3700 include Octane’s exclusive CROSS CiRCUIT programme, which combines cardio intervals on the elliptical with strength training sets on the floor nearby for individual or instructor-led one-on-ones, small groups or class sessions.
The ellipticals come with PowerBlock dumbbells, which adjust from 4 to 32 pounds and an integrated PowerBlock® stand on the machine. Visual and auditory prompts from the console cue instructors and exercisers to transition between customised cardio work intervals and up to 3 minutes for each strength cycle.
In the group programme, a personal trainer or instructor leads one or several exercisers through workouts. Trainers determine the duration of the cardio and strength cycles, as well as the specific strength training exercises and the order in which they are performed. During the strength exercises, the elliptical tracks time and an estimated caloric expenditureTrainers can offer various modifications and progressions to accommodate participants as necessary.
Traditional and functional strength exercises can be done using the PowerBlocks, such as rows, biceps curls, and lateral raises; or using the exerciser’s body weight alone, like squats, lunges, push-ups, planks and crunches. More exercises are available by incorporating other accessories, such as resistance tubing and stability balls.
The solo routine enables exercisers who prefer to exercise alone to perform a personalised routine. Here, individuals can select the cardio interval time and the elliptical prompts them to perform 8-20 repetitions of a strength exercise before returning to cardio. Users can choose their own combination and sequence of exercises to meet their goals, or personal trainers can design specific programmes for clients to complete in the solo sessions.
CROSS CiRCUIT is a splendid way to fit both cardio and strength training all in one workout. Make sure you take advantage of these great new products!