Get ready to sweat, Y-Tri returns Monday 10th October, so this is your warning alarm to book your slot. Hurry – before they run out!
All ages and abilities take part and it's lots of fun. Below are last year's winners and their times. Will anyone beat them this year? Will the new bikes make a difference? All bets are off!
Please note, our new bikes have a cadence cap of 120 RPM. However, the more watts (resistance + cadence) you generate, the more distance you will cover. So adjust to find the right combination for you.
All we ask is that you have a minimum 8% resistance. (Should you want more, though, then the skies the limit!)
Choose your competition
The competition involves two triathlon options:
- Dry (row, cycle, run): Monday 10th October – Wednesday 12th October and Monday 17th October – Wednesday 19th October.
- Wet (cycle, run, swim): Monday 24th October – Wednesday 26th October.
Choose your distance
In each category there is a big choice of distances – ultra (the longest), full, half and mini (the shortest). On top of these there are also sets of over-60 and youth distances which are different.
How to book
Talk with one of the gym team. Their office is on the same level as the main sports hall, by the green sofa at the bottom of the staircase.
Choosing your goal
Here are last year's fastest times. Will each competitor retain their crown, or might you be the one to take it from them?
Type of Tri: Wet Mini
- Under 40 men: John Barron: 00:10:57
- Under 40 women: Branca Pereira: 00:13:45
- 40+ men: Paul Fogelman 00:18:01
- 40+ women: Carmen Kurtzner: 00:22:52
Type of Tri: Wet Half
- Under 40 women: Claudia Mucciardi: 00:27:51
- Under 40 men: Matt Dowling: 00:21:52
- 40+ women: Victoria Brown: 00:24:12
- 40+ men: John Heather 00:23:09
Type of Tri: Wet Full
- Under 40 women: Hayley Rigby: 00:40:51
- Under 40 men:Rob Sworder: 00:46:22
- 40+ women: Kayvahm Kavoossi: 00:46:19
- 40+ men: Tony Blackburn: 00:49:48
- 60+ women: Deborah Phillips: 00:30:44
- 60+ men: Hugh Robertson: 00:23:12
Type of Tri: Dry Mini
- Under 40 women: Ania Popielarska: 00:11:03
- Under 40 men: Gabour Durovics: 00:9:41
- 40+ men: Stephen Mooney: 10:29:00
- 40+ women: Helen Angee: 00:12:54
- 60+ women: Akua Rugg: 00:23:15
- 60+ men: Liam Pender: 00: 09:45
- 80+ women: Valerie Walsh: 00: 19:43
- 80+ men: Kent Baker: 00: 22:55
Type of Tri - Dry Half
- Under 40 women: Lauren Higgin: 24:31:00
- Under 40 men: Robert Gold: 21:10
- 40+ women: Natalia Hughes: 28:23:00
- 40+ men: John Heather: 21:17:00
- 60+ men: Liam Pender: 16:28
Type of Tri – Dry Full
- Under 40 women: Georgina Townsend: 46:13:00
- Under 40 men: John Barron: 38:09:00
- 40+ women: Linda Al-Kanini: 51:87:00
- 40+ men: David Holah: 49:24:00
- 60+ women: Melissa Friedberg: 29:35:00
- 60+ men: Liam Pender: 25:44:00
Type of Tri: Ultra
- 40+ men: Gary Kelly: 60:00:00
Follow our expert training tips on each section of the Y-Tri so you'll be ready for the big day.