We have opened our doors! We’re so excited to welcome you back!
We have been working hard behind the scenes preparing for the re-opening. Our main priority is to keep both members and staff as safe as possible at all times. To ensure this we have implemented a range of measures derived from Government, Public Health, UK Active and National Governing Body guidelines.
- Monday to Friday – 6.30am to 8.30pm
- Saturdays and Sundays 9am to 5pm
To ensure the safety of all members and staff, we have established new policies and safety measures, including:
- Social Distancing Requirements When Inside and Around YMCA Facilities
- Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitization Protocols
- A Reservation system using the MindBody Online booking platform to Ensure Members Are Permitted Safe, Equitable Access
What the YMCA Club is doing during this initial re-opening period:
- Enhanced sanitizing and cleaning throughout the building will be provided.
- A one-way system is in operation throughout the majority of the Club, this is accompanied with enhanced signage.
- Initially pre-booking will be required to access the Club classes, this will be done via our website.
- From 2-3pm each day the Club spaces will have 20 spaces allocated to our members who are over 60 and the remainder to other club members. Please note that on Saturdays and Sundays there are external groups who have hired pool space however both the slow and medium pool lanes are reserved for members over the age of 60.
- The club café is currently closed for the foreseeable future. This space has been converted to a temporary teaching space for YMCA FIT students.
- All social gathering spaces have been temporarily removed.
- Our staff will be available to answer any questions and help maintain healthy spaces throughout our building.
- We are not going to be hiring out towels initially and while there will be limited showers available we do recommend that you shower only if you have to and you bring your own shower towel with you. Hair curlers will not be available for use.
- We will be providing a space from Monday the 21st September in the club for members to dry their hair. The space is in our therapy rooms on -3 level situated behind the stretching area. Please not you will need to use a face covering when drying your hair and please be conscious of social distancing when doing this.
- We have moved equipment around on the gym floor and on the main sports hall floor, you will notice there are now free weights. This is to create more space for members when working out and to ensure that social distancing can be maintained. There will also be limited space in the swimming pool.
- The steam room and sauna will not be open for use initially.
- Please note if you use the Swim fit programme this will not be in operation initially.
- There will be a limited class timetable when we re-open and you will need to book a space in any class you attend. The studio has a maximum capacity of 10 spaces due to 2m social distancing guidelines and has to be booked in advance. All equipment is already laid out in designated taped out areas and is sanitized before each class. We recommend that you spray down and sanitize your station before and after use and be mindful of social distancing whilst in the studio. We advise you to bring your own mats to Yoga classes to help us prevent contamination from shared equipment. If you don't own a yoga mat, we can provide one to you which you will need to sanitise before and after the class.
- The Healthy Living/Older adult’s class timetable is also reduced and a limited number of classes will be running. Further information to follow.
What we ask of our members during this initial opening period:
- Practice healthy hygiene and remain home if feeling ill, have had exposure to COVID-19 or are considered to be in high-risk categories.
- Please be respectful of the personal space of others when in the building and help us to maintain social distancing.
- Wipe all equipment down with provided supplies before and after each equipment use, along with any surfaces you touch.
- Wash and sanitize your hands when you enter facilities and often throughout your stay. There are hand sanitizers available on each level in the Club. Ensure you wash your hands before you leave the building.
- If you need to make any payments at club reception contactless payments are required as we are unable to take cash payments, this helps to reduce Covid-19 transmissions.
- Please bring your own water bottle and avoid using water fountains.
- Avoid touching your face when using free weights and the gym equipment and we recommend you use weight training gloves when training. Please wash your training gloves after each use. Bring a sweat towel when you work out or attend a class.
- Please wear flip-flops when going up to the swimming pool
- Please dispose of any rubbish in the bins provided.
- As we have a large space, which allows for social distancing in the club the wearing of face masks will not be enforced, but if you wish to wear one you may do so.
What will the Club look like when it re-opens? Central YMCA Club will re-open on the 25th of July. In the initial weeks, there will be reduced opening hours, reduced staff and a limited class/programme offer. The first sessions to be available initially will be; General gym classes- using the cardio equipment, free weights and resistance machines and General swimming- lane swimming.
How will I access sessions at the Club? Initially, all sessions at the Club will require you to book online, this will be done via our online Mind/Body booking platform website. You will need to register your details. Please click here and follow the instructions.
The options will be as follows:
- Gym and Group Exercise
- Older adults
- Children’s Programme
- Short Courses for Ceramics courses/Spanish etc.
Once you have registered your appointment you will receive a confirmation email which you must show to club reception staff on entering the building. If you cannot make your booking please cancel it so it allows space for other members to book on to.
What sessions do I have to book? Upon the Club re-opening, All sessions will require pre-booking. This includes the use of the gym, the swimming pool and doing a class. Sessions are 60 minutes only and you will only be permitted entry during your booked slot. Please arrive on time as session times will not be extended if you are late. You may book in for multiple sessions in one day if you wish for example a gym session and a class session but when you check-in at the Club reception please let them know, so they can sign you in and give a wrist band for each session.
Why do I have to book? In order for us to ensure the facility is as safe and secure as possible for our clients and our staff, we need to carefully manage the number of people in the Club throughout the day. This will ensure we can maintain safe social distancing measures.
How long will I have to book sessions/classes? This is dependent on government guidelines and social distancing measures. Post social distancing, some sessions such as the children’s programme and evening and weekend courses may remain bookable online.
Children’s programmes have restarted. Please see the children’s programme faq’s here.
Please bear with us as we continue to plan for a safe re-opening of the space. All of the above will be reviewed constantly and we will keep you informed of any changes. If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org